Eye Stye Treatment
To have an eye stye is a very uncomfortable feeling. Why? This is because of the fact that it can actually interfere with your vision. Added to this is the pain that is associated with eye stye. When the eye stye is just starting to form, the red and hard bump that is in your eye lid irritating. You will feel the itchiness and is tempted to scratch your eyes but you cannot and you know why. It will irritate your eyes more and it might get infected.
But now, you do not have to worry anymore. There are various remedies that are made available in order to ease the irritating effect of the eye stye. Read on and find out how you can treat the eye stye the easy way.
Simple Solutions for Eye Stye Treatment
1. Put a warm compress on the eye that is suffering from eye stye. This is the best eye stye remedy that you could get because of the fact that you do not have to spend huge amount of monies to buy medications. Press the warm compress into your eyes to provide relief. But never ever scratch your eyes with the warm compress. You can do this for about 10 minutes and at least 3 times in a day.
2. Massage would do wonders. Once your eye stye has burst already, you can aid the healing process by massaging your eyelid. But you have to be very careful in doing so. Make sure that your hands are clean by washing your hands properly. This is to prevent any complication and infection to occur in the healing process or you will have to undergo a more complex treatment process. Simply massage the entire area affected and wait for it to be completely healed.
3. For a more complex eye stye, you can visit your doctor and ask for any medications that you might have to undergo. Usually, the doctors will prescribed antibiotics, ointments, pills and eye drops to reduced the risk of complications. However, if the affected area has already been infected, the doctors might prescribed an antibiotic pill to allow the eye stye to get healed.
If your eye stye is not as bothersome as other situations are, you can try these following tips on treating your eye stye:
Tips for Treating Eye Styes
1. Never try to prick the eye stye. Just let it subside on its own. Pricking the stye will just cause more complications so it will be better to just leave it alone.
2. Contact lenses are cool but not when you have eye stye. Wearing contacts when you have stye is not good at all. The reason for this is the huge chance of getting an infection. You can always wear your contacts later.
3. Same as with the contacts, never wear eye make-up when you have the stye. It will aggravate the condition as make-up has various contents and components that might irritate the eyes more.
If your eye stye has been bothering for more than a week, see a doctor.